After Nysc orientation camp, wetin we gain?



When Mayorkun sang "ma shey testimony tin ba ra Porsche," he was singing about me.

Of course, he doesn't know it, many of you don't know it too, but I am the intended recipient of that song. I am out of my twenty-one day imprisonment, I am out in the world once again and like a prison returnee, I am having adaptation problems, the world is not happy with me, life is unquestionably hard, I live too far away from my PPA, I get home angry and frustrated most of the time.

Yesterday was a similar story, on my way home, the Danfo driver thought it was time for me to die, so he almost drove me under a trailer but my village people were not strong enough you see, because I possess a strange attribute: hope

Countless times during Nysc orientation, I had asked myself: after Nysc wetin i gain, wetin go happen?

The truth is that the post-Nysc space is quite terrible. Business owners are trying to exploit corp members for cheap labor, to work under laborious conditions and continue their adaption from prison life to the outside environment for a further 11 months.

This is, however, a chance to try new things and grow or fail while trying them, try and try without giving up in this period

I will not allow my spirit to be broken, I would thrive one way or the other (plix i mean legally, i don't have the patience for yahoo and blood rituals are a horrid affair)

I suffer every day but Mayorkun is my succor provider, Porsche is now my aspirational anthem, its loud tempo gets me on a positive high and provides all the answers I need to the bullshit that life plans to throw at me.

When i buy my first Toyota in this Lagos, ma shey testimony.

Comments

Popular Posts