MY SEARCH FOR THE GREAT PREHAPS





My single favorite book of all time is The perks of being a wallflower, everyone knows this. Yet, for people that really know me, they also know that I am deeply troubled or even burdened by the need to understand or capture things that are beyond me, that my life is governed by an invisible urge to seize every moment and relieve it in full.

Now this brings us to my second favourite author of all times, of course you guessed John Green because I am

1. A life-long inductee of the cult of the fault in our stars

2. Because, John Green is fucking awesome (argue with your keypad)

Now in his book, looking for Alaska,  there's an inordinate amount of  quotable quotes, but the one that jumps at me is "I go to seek my great perhaps", now I read the book some 3 years ago but I've always struggled with the concept of a great perhaps, what does it mean, does it even exist.

Only this weekend, after a very long sleep and some thought spirals have I finally understood the concept, you see great perhaps are infinite continuums, this infers that the possibilities of life are endless and dizzying, your life is in essence is the great perhaps but with a catch, you see my dear reader, you have to happen to life,  great perhaps are not in their nature accidents that happen to people, you in reality have to create your great perhaps. Realizing that was the high point of my weekend

Peace and love always. I go to seek my great perhaps.

Comments

Popular Posts